Thursday, January 5, 2012

TRILL Throwback Thursday #2

Maintaining fidelity to the TRILL theme, I wanted to channel one last throwback that literally shifted my paradigm of hip hop.

I was always the younger cat in circles and usually caught glimpses of hip-hop through second hand passage from my older sister. With this, I remember sorting through my sister's cassette tapes as she use to record music off the radio periodically. I remember coming across this simple dark, sinister, and infectious beat. The flow of each artist was dynamically different for the time and I use to find myself humming the chorus because it was soulful and catchy. "Cell Therapy" by Goodie Mob had everything a posse cut needed and led to me to their debut album, Soul Food, which was released in 1995.

I think the world is pretty oblivious to Cee Lo's initial entrance into the game was through Goodie Mob and not through DJ Danger Mouse or pop songs named "F*** You". Anyway, Cee Lo will always and forever be Dungeon Family and especially commemorated for his work he did with Big Gipp, T-Mo, and Khujo (Goodie Mob).




And lastly, I threw this in to lighten the mood, we aren't always dark at BBi, in fact we are pretty vibrant and upbeat. Enjoy your Thursday and "Get Rich To This".

No comments:

Post a Comment